1951 Refidex, showing early street names, including Duke St, Victoria St (now Deans St) and Hill Parade:
August 1956 aerial:
Welch St is named after Hugh Lancelot Welch, who was a builder and a farmer.
Born in Islington, London, England on 17th August 1885, he came to Australia at an early age of 18 years.
Hugh married Marion Agnes Dale on 22 June 1921, in Gympie, Queensland, Australia. In 1959, at the age of 74,
Hugh was a councillor for the Proston Ward of the Wondai Shire Council for over 20 years and a director of the South Burnett Dairy Company.
He was elected alderman for the Redcliffe Town Council for one term from 1949-52.
Hugh passed away on 9th July 1976, at the age of 90, and Marion passed away on 20th January 1976, aged of 81, and they are both buried in the Redcliffe Cemetary, Kippa-Ring.
Deans St (formerly Victoria St) is named after the Deans family who were a well known highly respected pioneer family who lived in Clontarf. Charles William Deans was the son of John G Deans, and his wife Rosina. The family settled on the Peninsula in 1877 and established a home called "Mt Pleasant" on Duffield Rd. (now Kroll Gardens)
The Deans neighbours were the Sparkes, Snook and Jenkins families, and of Mr Copson and Mrs Williams (Mrs Cutts mother) Dean St was formerly Victoria St, and the name was changed in 1955 to avoid confusion with Victoria Ave.
A detailed history of the Deans family can be found at the following LINK (History Redcliffe)
Prince St is named after Prince Albert Victor of Wales (Albert St also named after him)
Duke St is named after Prince Henry, Duke Of Gloucester, who was the son of King George V and Queen Mary, and brother of George VI.
Early maps and aerial photos from the Pictorial History Of Redcliffe 1950-80's book:
2021 aerial from Google maps