top of page

Service Stations in Redcliffe and Deception Bay 1920s- 1980s

Updated: Feb 26, 2023

We have 2 pages in our new book featuring aerials and photos of some of the service stations that were in operation in Redcliffe and Deception Bay in the 1950s to the 1980s.


Mobil - Corner Oxley and Klingner Rd:


OxleyAve south of Donkin St Scarborough:


Corner Oxley Ave and Eversleigh Rd 1956 and 1989 aerials:

Corner Eversleigh Rd and Prince Edwards Parade 1956 aerial:

Phillips 66 - Oxley Ave at Woody Point: - 1981 and 1984 aerials:



Golden Fleece - Oxley Ave Margate:





Golden Fleece tanker truck at Redcliffe, QLD - 1960's :

The ESSO Petrol Station and Rent-A-Car that existed along Oxley Avenue, Margate, from 1979 and through the 80s

Ampol Anzac Avenue

Deception Bay:

Neville Osborne at his Shell service station in Deception Bay c. 1959

Tristram's Truck outside the Deception Bay Kiosk in 1963 - Photo Wallin famill.

Bayview Terrace - Deception Bay :

Vince Ferges- Corner Suttons St and Anzac Ave - 1956 and 1974 aerials:


Ampol - corner Suttons St and Creek St

Photos courtesy The Birch family:



Caltex/Promco/ Corner Elizabeth Ave and Hornibrook Esplanade:



Run by Peter and Tony

1970s:

Hornibrook Esplanade Caltex "Sunset Star" service station - Clontarf Beach February 1971

1979 Ampol cnr Victoria and Anzac Ave



Service stations from the 1920s to the 1940s:


Woody Point:


Elson's Garage - Originally Barron's butcher shop, then Simpson's butchers, and finally bought by Elson for a garage for his bus services on the corner of Anzac Avenue and John Street.

Shell Garage and Ace Cycles Bicycle Shop at Woody Point which was owned by Mr Smith.

Clontarf Motors c.1949:





Photos from our Pictorial History of Redcliffe Book 1824-1949 - available to purchase at the following link: https://www.redcliffebook.com/product-page/the-pictorial-history-of-redcliffe




418 views0 comments

Opmerkingen


bottom of page