Redcliffe Parade 1950 and 1984 photos
Two photos of Redcliffe Parade showing the same scene 34 years apart.
The first taken in around 1950 showing the Pier Picture Theatre and Cominos buildings along with other shops including the Chemist, Darracks Pharmacies, Milk Bar and Smallgoods, Handy Food Supplies, and a Cafe.
The second photo taken in 1984 shows the Pier Theatre and Cominos building along with Mathers, Chandlers Music, Barrys Supermarket, Zannadu, Gift Shop and Travel Shop.
The cars featuring in the foreground of both photos are a 1948 Plymouth and a 1977/78 Holden Premier HX.
The Plymouth De Luxe and Special De Luxe were produced by American manufacturer Plymouth during the 1933-42 and 1946-50 model years.
Between 1941 and 1950, the De Luxe was offered in two trim levels, the De Luxe and the top-of-the-line Special De Luxe. The engine in 1946 was a 95 bhp (71 kW) 217.8 cu in (3.6 L) Plymouth Straight Six.
The Holden HX is a range of automobiles which was produced by Holden in Australia from 1976 to 1977.
The HX series was released in July 1976 and featured a range of models developed from those in the superseded Holden HJ range, which had been in production since 1974. The HX models featured only minor updates to the exterior, notably the grille and badgework. However significant changes were made to the engines to meet new Australian emissions regulations.During the course of the HX series, front bucket seats were adopted as standard equipment for Kingswood-badged vehicles.
A page from the Pictorial History Of Redcliffe and Moreton Bay region book 1950s-80s