top of page

Redcliffe Drive-In Kippa Ring 1965 - 86 and Pierre's Mill.

The Redcliffe Drive-In opened on 15th December 1965 by the Sourris brothers.



Movies playing in October 1967 included:

The Dirty Dozen with Lee Marvin, Ernest Borgnine and Charles Bronson.

and in March 1969 it featured The Spy in the Green Hat and Gun Glory.



1977:

Photo: Lynette Patterson

 The drive In closed in 1986.


 

Pierres Mill was located at the front of the Drive In and was opened in 1969.

It was a popular restaurant for 16 years, run by Pierre Boves and family.







 

 

Early Picture Shows Of Humpybong ebook

70 page downloadable pdf book, detailing biographies of the earliest Picture Pavilions and shows in Humpybong (Redcliffe) With original movie posters and movie details from advertisements and historical newspaper articles, including :
Lorneleigh Pictures, Woody Point 1915 -1931
Redcliffe Picture Palace 1918  1928
Woody Point Memorial School of Arts Pictures 1928 - 1937
Scarborough Picture Pavilion 1928 - 1935
Pier Picture Theatre, Redcliffe 1928 - 1969
Margate Renown Theatre 1940 - 1962
The Bay Theatre, Scarborough 1954 - 1976
Redcliffe Drive-In Theatre, Kippa Ring 1965 - 86

ebooks available at the following link:
https://www.redcliffebook.com/product-page/early-picture-shows-of-humpybong
Hardcopy examples of this book are available to view instore at shop 12a in the Cominos Arcade 133 Redcliffe Parade.

62 views0 comments

Comments


bottom of page