This weeks Street Aerial History featuring Dover Road (North) and Mary St in Redcliffe.
Mary St is named after Mary Edds who lived in Redcliffe in the 1880's and ran a boarding house "Cambridge House" on the corner of oxley Ave and Woodcliffe Cres.
Dover Rd is named after the town of Dover in the south east of England. During the land boom of the 1880''s portions 182 and 183 were known as the Dover Estates and Dover Road cut directly through the middle of these Estates.
Aerial photos from the Pictorial History Of Redcliffe and Moreton Bay region book 1950s-80s